Neurology Expert Forum
no fluid from spinal tap
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

no fluid from spinal tap

went for two spinal taps both with flourscopy unable to draw fluid my doctor wants me to go for a a third . I am very reluctant to do this .any suggestions on what i should do next.
Related Discussions

Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

I am unclear as to why the fluid was not drawn with the fluoroscopy. A smaller needle or operator experience may improve outcome.

Why are you having the spinal tap? Why was no fluid removed with fluoro?

If your physician thinks the spinal tap is needed, it should be performed.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank