non-operable brain stem glioma
My daughter has been treated for a grade III astrosytoma with chemo and radiation, the tumor shrank to a speck and I am curious about how long it can remain dormant. The most popular answer appears to be "I don't know". Does this "I don't know" have time frame of possibly 1-5 years, or is it possible that this could remain dormant longer?
My heart goes out for the little one who has to undergo surgery.
As i have replied in other post, that 5 year survival rate for WHO Grade III astrocytoma is poor, may be around 15-30% for supratentorial lesions and less than 10% for pontine tumors.
Thank You for an honest answer, she is 19, and the original MRI report stated pontine glioma with 5 different extensions and infiltration into the surrounding tissue. The follow up MRI after treatment she insisted on seeing ( I'm glad!) showed a dramatic difference and I think that is what is keeping her going now. Again, thank you for your honesty.