normal pressure hydrochephalus use a hyperbaric chamber??
My daughter suffered a TBI and developed low or normal pressure hydrocephalus (usually seen in older adults).  We are looking at hyperbaric chamber treatment for her.  Our question is we are concerned that it may raise her ICP's and put to much pressure on her brain.  We are concerned since she doesn't have the typical high pressure hydrocephalus usually seen.  Are you aware of normal pressure hydrocephalus patients being treated in chambers?  Thank you for your time!!

Thanks for writing in.
The main treatment for normal pressure hydrocephalus is levo dopa and carbi dopa. Surgical options include shunting. To predict the response to shunting large volume lumbar puncture is required. Patients with good response to this procedure are considered for ventriculoperitoneal and ventriculoarterial shunt. Hyperbaric oxygen is used in normal pressure hydrocephalus although the use is quite limited.
Please seek a second opinion with a neurologist about it.
HI there
This is my first time to post a comment. Hope I do ok.
I have NPH and I am 43. No known cause but did suffer sever blow to head prior to onset. Was diagnosed in 1994. I cant get much info about it as all discussions info refer to elderly people. My surgeon was getting ready last month to possibly try and convert my Ommya reservoir into a draining VP shunt but has now decided against this. I think this is because after a lumbar puncture two years ago, where they removed the tiniest amount of CSF I was unable to stand or sit without being in absolute agony. After a fortnight of laying flat they performed a blood patch and the pain slowly subsided. I have had lots of pressure tests and they have always been totally normal despite my ventricles getting increasingly bigger. I now have difficulties with balance, speech memory etc.but surgery looks a worse option than symptoms. I havent heard of hyperbaric chamber treatment. What is this? Can you explain.
Was in hospital again last week as lost vision in right eye and now doctors think I have MS as well as NPH. I dont think this has really sunk in yet. I have gone from one incurable condition to two. I have always been greedy but this is ridiculous.I would like to know of other young or younger people who also have Normal Pressure Hydro and if anyone who has it suffers from MS. I am now waiting for more tests and have just had news neurologist just ordered urgent brain MRI to be done with contrast. I am on standby waiting for telephone call. Happy days. Whatever happens I think I will be glad I have found this site.