Neurology Community
not sure if urgent...but just want answers

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

For about a year now I have been noticing a slightly large dent in the top of my forehead that has become more noticable lingering down toward my nose and then curving the other way to the very tip of my head. I was told not to worry about it when I brought it up, but it has been bothering me more and more throughout the year. In the area on the tip of my head it itches in the crevis, but is too tender feeling to scratch it. I am able to apply pressure on the area of the dent but it always has a weird tender feeling throughout the day, while I am not doing anything, so I am just concerned. I have been feeling sharp pains lately... but today (in class) recieved the most painful sharp pain I've ever felt. It wasn't just a shock, I felt like I had just been knocked out (on the top right side of my head). I'm also not a person who regularly has headaches...?  I am not sure if any of this is connected....but it is all new to me and I don't know if it's worth worrying over...
-If anyone has answers I would greatly appreciate it
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The deepening dent on the top of forehead could be due to separation of cranial sutures or sutures of the skull. Diseases or conditions that cause an abnormal increase in the pressure within the head can cause the sutures to spread apart. These separated sutures can be a sign of pressure within the skull. The common causes of increased pressure within the skull are- Arnold-Chiari malformation, Bleeding inside the brain (intraventricular hemorrhage), Brain tumor, Certain vitamin deficiencies, Dandy-Walker malformation, Hydrocephalus, Lead poisoning, Meningitis, Subdural hematoma or subdural effusion, Underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism). Along with the separation of the sutures, increased intracranial pressure is the cause of severe headaches. Please go for MRI of the brain and consult a neurologist for diagnosis and treatment. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!
Thank you SO much for replying to my concern! I hadn't known how to react to my symptoms and just was ignoring them everyday....I was hesitant to getting it checked out. I greatly appreciate your advice and can not thank you enough!