Neurology Community
numb face and eye twitch

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

numb face and eye twitch

For the last couple of weeks I've had an annoying numbness in my face that comes and goes and also a twitch in my eye. It has been affecting mostly my right eye and the left side of my face, but sometimes the numbness goes down thru my shoulder and into my left arm and hand.Today tho, the numbness has been almost constant. I've been diagnosed before as having moderate carpal tunnel syndrome, but that was almost 3 yrs ago and it hasn't bothered me since I left my job at the factory. Today tho, my face has been bothering me very badly. The left side of my face is very strange feeling... a kind of numbness but not really. I can feel it, but I don't have much control of the muscles, and it feels like there is something wrong. I looked in the mirror a couple of times and the left side of my face looked like there was something wrong. I was told when I was a teenager that I might possibly have MS, but I never completed the testing for it. I'm kind of nervous, almost scared of what this may be. Any ideas or advise? I'm a 24 year old female, in generally good health. I'm a smoker. Slightly overweight, but not obese. Never had any major health issues before... What should I do??
Avatar n tn
Hi Tammi:

I am sorry to hear your story. Have you been to a neurologist?

I am sure they can help you..

I hope you get better!