numb foot/leg after knee surgery
I recently had a meniscus transplant surgery. Immediately after surgery that day, I noticed that my entire foot and leg (toes to just under my knee) was tingling and numb, like if you were to describe the sentation of your arm or leg falling asleep if you slept in a weird position. So  my foot mostly to my ankle level, and then less so but still significant- from the ankle area to the knee level is tingling like it's asleep. It is now 2 days post op and the numbness and tingling is still there- no discernable decrease, and it feels more swollen now as well. I can be my foot around, but it's got that tingling/burning feeling.

The day of the surgery, the surgeon brought me back into the O.R. to check on the nerves and said that, plus an MRI at that time revealed no nerve damage or swelling where the nerve runs down the leg. The doctor mentioned that my leg did have a tourniquet on it for a number of hours (2-4) during the surgery, specifically at the level where the numbness stops.

So the thinking is, it was because of the tourniquet, but no one can say how long I'll have the pain/discomfort... a few days, weeks, months, etc. is what I've heard. No one can even rule out permanent damage. Does anyone have any information that could help here, in terms of prognosis and something surgical being done incorrectly?

Thanks for any insights out there.

M.