Neurology Community
numb in the back of my head?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

numb in the back of my head?

I have been getting a weird numb sensation in the back of my head from time to time no pain but a slight tingling also if i sleep flat on my back with my head flat on the pillow i wake up feeling like my head is asleep in the back by my neck. Does this sound like a pinched nerve?
Avatar n tn
I am having the same problem. Let me know if you find out any info. ***@**** Thanks
Avatar n tn
I found out that I had herniated disks in my neck. Nothing severe, what helped was a hundred and something dollar pillow from tempur-pedic. Sleep on this pillow and it will go away. It worked for me, anyway. Good Luck. Spring for the pillow!!!!
I am experiencing the same symptoms.  I bought a "neck pillow", but it has not helped the sensations in my head.  At first they thought I was having sinus problems.  Yesterday they did an MRI on my brain (as the MRI on my neck afew weeks ago turned out normal).  They are looking for lesions on the brain for signs of MS or other brain disease.  I am praying it is as simple as a pinched nerve near my skull.