Neurology Community
numbness, tingling of facial area
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

numbness, tingling of facial area

Starting in mid April the medical professionals that I sa from my NP (nurse practictioner)to The Sweidh Headach and Pain (clinic/surgeon) as well as a neurologist an and a neurosurgeon, who referred my to The Swedish Headach and Pain.

Around November I began suffering with INTENSE headaches from my c-spine (C5-C6, C6-C7 are compressing my spine)  symptoms but due to being told they couldn't help me; I had several times from November 'til most of February for the Headach.

In mid-April from what my daught-in-law, sister and my husband told me the next day it seems I had a small stroke, incoherent, stumbling/falling more then my "normal", I was incapable of speach, I knew " what" I wanted to say but for over 4 hours I could speak, but still (to this day) have trouble finding the "right" word.

Since April 13th (the day I suffered the episode) I have been having problems with the middle of my face horizontally, starting from 1-2 inches from my hairline, down my nose with it feeling "different" down into my lips, mouth (things don't taste "right"), my mouth feels funny... Tingling "numbness" only in the "center" of my face/mouth into my chin. I've spoken with 4 different types of physician as I mentioned, only one really sort of agreed that it might have been a slight stroke, but he thinks those symptoms (face feeling weird) wasn't a result of my "severe compressing" of my spinal cord (my GP used the term "flattening")

So, my question is; has anyone suffered my combination of symptoms, unexplained inability to speak, like what happened in mid-April, face feeling "numb and/or  tingling", "worse" and/or balance and/or stumbling, "Knowing" what you want to say but can't "remember" simple words and my short-term memory is much worse then the "fibro fog" ever was...

Thx!
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...