Neurology Community
numbness and pain in upper legs

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

numbness and pain in upper legs

it started bout a yr ago..i get this numbness pain in the upper back thigh and when u touch it it feels like needles the area also swells. its hard to wear anything that will touch it. now its starting right below my knees and down my legs and even on the lower part of my abdonimol..can anybody help
Sounds to me like you have pinched nerves somewhere in your back. Have you ever hurt your back? Perhaps you need to have a CT Scan done to see whats going on. I basically have the same issues' but I know of my pinched nerves etc. Many times my right leg just above the knee will go pins and needles right down to my foot. There have been many times I have woken up just like my leg has been put in a vice. Can't stand for the first few seconds and then have to hold something. I walk around until the pain goes away, at at times as soon as I get back to bed, back it comes.
I certainly think it would be worthwhile to ask your Physician to have a CT Scan done or MRI. The MRI is better showing that much more.
I wish you luck, sometimes you have to push your Physicians and you will likely end up on some sort of pain med
I am supposed to have back surgery but I haven't gotten the willpower to go that far yet. Have had several surgeries but my gut feeling is saying "no" at least now. The pain can be very excruitiating, down my back and into my legs.
Keep in touch and pls. get checked, it could also be a clot somewhere so don't take chances. When numbness is there and its swelling something is just not right!!