Neurology Community
numbness around outer ankle
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

numbness around outer ankle

For the past week or so, I've been having a strange sensation on the outside of my ankle. At first it felt as if a oatch of skin was numb, and now it seems to have progressed to almost all of the outside of my ankle/top and sole of my foot. It isn't insanely numb, just a really creepy lack-of-sensation type feeling. I was doing some research and everything points to damage of the sciatic nerve. The only thing is that I have no lower back pain and haven't lifted anything heavy recently etc. One thing - I had acupuncture done for the first time right before this entire episode began. The acupunctursist put needles in my left leg (where this numbness is now occuring) and I remember once accidentally moving my leg and feeling an uncomfortable twitching sensation during the procedure. Could acupuncture have damaged a nerve/be responible for what I am experiencing now? It is very uncomfortable and is mostly just frightening! Any help would be much appreciated.