Neurology Community
numbness at tip of the tongue
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

numbness at tip of the tongue

Last night i had been drinking some alcohol and drank about for cups. It was a mixture of vodka cranberry and grapefruit. I was not too drunk i was well aware of everything going on around me. I'm sitting still last night and all of the sudden my tongue starts burning at the tip. I was in pure agony i wanted to cry! I didnt do anything that could have caused it to burn i dont think. It burned so bad i rushed to the fridge and started drinking some milk to ease the burning sensation. The milk did not ease my pain so i went to sleep to escape the pain. Today when i woke up, the tip of my tongue was numb. It feels like there is oral gel at the very tip of my tongue. Its like the taste buds at the very tip of my tongue are gone. Its located at the tip toward the center. I got very close to the mirror to see if i noticed anything unusual and i did. There was a little black spot...it almost looked like a black head i would get on my face. It was as if one of my taste buds had been burned black. The spot was so small and i took tweezers to it and it moved around just as any other taste bud would move if i took the tweezers to it. Also there were like a couple little red bumps around the blacks spot like the taste buds had became enlarged somehow maybe from burning idk??? I"m really worried about this my sister made me think i had syphalis or herpes and i have never even had a cold sore so i doubt that very much. I looked at my tongue again in the mirror today and i noticed that the black spot was gone. The tongue is still very numb at the tip but only the tip. Nothing else in or around my mouth is effected...only the tip of my tongue thats all im dealing with! Please help.

This discussion is related to My tongue has be 'numb' for two days-what could cause this?.