numbness in fingers
I JUST WOKE UP TO NUMBNESS IN MY FINGERS. tHIS IN ITSELF IS NOT UNUSUAL...USUALLY IT GOES AWAY. TODAY THE CONDITION IS NOT GOING AWAY. COULD THIS BE FROM THE WAY I SLEEP?
Hi.

How long have you been experiencing this symptom. Does it occur only upon waking up or even during the day?

If the numbness only occurs whenever you wake up, it is possible that your sleep posture may have something to do with it. It would be unusual for an herniated disk or nerve root compression to present with symptoms only during that time.

Your symptoms may be related to compression of a peripheral nerve which is causing the numbness in the fingers.

You could try to change your sleeping posture and see if there would be any resolution of your symptoms. If your condition persists in spite of this, you should probably go and consult a physician to check for other possible causes.

Hope this helps.
Hello.

Do you get the numbness quite often ? And do you have numbness at other times of the day also ?

A few common causes of the numbness that should be rule out are diabetic neuropathy and nerve impingement.

If the numbness comes often, it may not be due to the way you sleep. But you may try and sleep differently to observe if the numbness appears again. (it should go for now, to reappear.)

Have you had your blood sugar checked recently ?

Please keep me posted.

Regards