Aa
A
A
Close
numbness in my thumb
I make chimney brushes at work. A couple of days ago I had to cut the wire and sat in a fixed position for about 3 hours. Hard to explain but I was sitting in the form of holding a box with handles at chest height. My hands were in the positon of holding something between my pointer finger and thumb. Hope thats a good enough visual. Anyway during the process I started getting a funny feeling at the top of my thumb or the pressing point of my thumb, when i made sudden movements or opened my hand I would get like an electric shock feeling almost as if I touched an outlet with water. I had to do the same thing again the next day and the feeling came back, now its its been a few days and the feeling hasnt left. Is this a serious matter I should get checked out?

This discussion is related to Numbness & Tingling in the pad of my thumb and part of my palm.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1268057 tn?1462734870
Yes, you should have this followed up by your physician.  Sounds like a nerve impingement.  Given what you do for a living doesn't surprise me you have this problem.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources