numbness in my thumb
I make chimney brushes at work. A couple of days ago I had to cut the wire and sat in a fixed position for about 3 hours. Hard to explain but I was sitting in the form of holding a box with handles at chest height. My hands were in the positon of holding something between my pointer finger and thumb. Hope thats a good enough visual. Anyway during the process I started getting a funny feeling at the top of my thumb or the pressing point of my thumb, when i made sudden movements or opened my hand I would get like an electric shock feeling almost as if I touched an outlet with water. I had to do the same thing again the next day and the feeling came back, now its its been a few days and the feeling hasnt left. Is this a serious matter I should get checked out?

This discussion is related to Numbness & Tingling in the pad of my thumb and part of my palm.
Yes, you should have this followed up by your physician.  Sounds like a nerve impingement.  Given what you do for a living doesn't surprise me you have this problem.