Neurology Community
numbness of the tongue and lower lip

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

numbness of the tongue and lower lip

i a male of 24 yrs and i recently started to feel numbness of my tongue and of my lower lip. i don't know what may be causing this. can smoking cause this?
Tags: tongue
Hello.

If you discontinue smoking, you may get the numbness on the tongue and the mouth area. Otherwise, you will have to look for vitamin deficiency aw a cause.

Do you have any other symptoms? Do you have migraine?

Regards
Avatar n tn
If it is only a portion of your tongue and lip on only one side, it is possibly a high cervical subluxation or a migraine symptom.  For subluxation, see a Physical Therapist specialist in Manual Therapy, or a Chiropractor.  For a migraine see your doctor about trying Maxalt or other medication to prevent or ease the pain syptoms (symptoms).  Do you have any other symptoms?