numbness on skin after accident
I recently had a motorcycle accident involving a pedestrian. The impact was concentrated on my left side, especially my shoulder, neck and clavicle area. I was able to remain in control of the bike, therefore, my body never hit the pavement; My pain in from the speed of the collision alone. After impact, I felt a sharp pain on my shoulder and could not move my head to the right without pain. The medical technicians and fire department checked me out and told me nothing was broken, torn or dislocated because after some time I could painlessly move my shoulder, therefore, I did not seek further medical assistance. It has been a few days now and I am not experiencing pain, but patches of numbness on the front surface of my shoulder. My strength is slowly returning but the feeling on my skin is not. What could potentially be the problem and is this something rest can restore?  
Nerves are actually the slowest part of your anatomy to regrow. It will take several times longer for nerves to repair themselves than for other soft tissue like muscle and skin.  

I also had a motorcycle wreck several years ago that causes symptoms similar to your shoulder, only affecting nearly my entire body and at times brings outright searing nerve pain. I can't understate how GREATLY it's impacted the quality of my life and yet, I've seen much worse from bike wrecks.  Bikes are a lot of fun but so is your health! Maybe a good time to set the bike down?, don't know, just my two cents, Take care and heal well man! Shouldn't be anything to worry about.