Neurology Community
numbness stiffness extremities burning tingling sensation

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hi john, as i am currently experiencing symptoms simmilar to thosse described by you. i would like to know how you are doing and if you have found the cause of them.
i am a 34 year old male and have experienced a tingling and burning sensation over the past year. this was on two occasions accompanied by severe reactions to solvents in furniture (headache, overall body painsymptoms similar to a heavy flu) followed by an overall sensitivity to all sorts of solvents (or the smell of them).
after a series of test that included blood samples, nerve reaction test as well as lyme disease and epstein barr nothing in particular was diagnosed and i gave up searching and tried to ignore my symptoms.

unfortunately, due to stress and a lower disc hernia these symptoms have increased by such an amount that it becomes increasingly harder not to be stressed out.
i underwent the same battery of tests with the same results, though vitamin b and d levels were found to be on a lower range (within normal). vitamin shots and intake so far has not led to any change of my symptoms.
the feeling of burning and tingling in the extremities have changed recently to a very strong antsy feeling in them, followed by two months of waking up every night to find an extremity having fallen asleep.
recently, the sensations of tingling wander across the body accompanied by a numbness in the head as well as my extremities. the latter feel numb and bloated as well as extremely stiff though this seems to be solely a subjective feeling. movement is not decreased. this seems to increase with stress.

its been suggested that i visit a specialist in psychosomatics to see if the mis-sensations can be linked to stress.

yours

This discussion is related to Burning and Partial Numbness.