occipital nerveitis
I had two car accidents  and a lifting accident within a two year period of time that was 9 years ago. I still have flare ups. I spoke to my doctor about this strange head pain that occurs when something touches or rests against my head I get headaches and those can lead to spasms in my traps and neck sometimes it ends in my eyes and I need to be sequested and take pain meds. but also it happends when I feel like I strain my neck.
Do you think it is occipital nervitis and if so is there a holistic route that I can take?

Thanks for writing in.
Yes it is quite possible that your symptoms are due to occipital neuritis as it occurs secondary to neck trauma. The main symptoms include pain and spasms in the neck area. It is important to treat the underlying cause of occipital neuritis. Other options include surgery, pain medications and injections at the site of pain.
Occipital neuralgia involving nerves between the scalp and skull are usually is a very painful condition. Occipital nerve blocks are usually useful in such conditions.
Take care!
Is an occipital nerve block the same as a faucet injection?