olfactory groove meningioma
Have been diagnosed with this meningioma. Have had follow up MRI's for 9 months  every three months, then every 6 months. No change in the tumor. Is there any way to shrink the tumor other than gamma knife or peacock stereotactil radiotherapy. Have no symptons. Was discovered when I had an eye problem (diplopia).
Thank you  P.J.
Hi.

Not every person with meningioma needs to have their tumor removed, especially those with small, slow-growing meningiomas that aren't causing signs or symptoms.

Was there any association made by your doctors between the meningioma and diplopia? If not, it would be best to leave it alone and just monitor it rather than undergo treatment modalities which could possibly cause complications, especially if surgery is done. The treatment options you mentioned actually have less risks involved that surgery, which would be the only alternative treatment left. No medication is indicated for meningiomas.

Hope this helps.
The indications for surgical treatment have been the presence of neurological symptoms, which may include a change in mental function, headache, disturbance in vision, or a seizure disorder, an asymptomatic patient with edema in the adjacent brain areas, or MRI findings that the meningioma is near the optic nerves.
As you don't suffer from any symptoms due to this meningioma and as there is no increase in size, I think you should wait and watch for any subtle symptoms which might develop.
Hope this helps.
Bye.
I've been using mifepristone (RU486) for 2 years to halt the growth of my meningioma. My last scan showd a slight decrease in the size of the tumour:

from MRI--terrified. what do i do next?