Neurology Community
one reason is...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

one reason is...

One reason why so many Dr's don't acknowledge pineal cysts is because they get too many perks from drug companies.  Let's face it folks--if the Dr. provides real help, drugs aren't prescribed as much, and they get less perks.  They are all trained to believe it's not real, and they are not harming anyone.  "Research" studies are often skewed to get the results the researchers desire to get.  Don't get me wrong here--I'm not talking ALL Docs.  But, it is to the drug companies benefit, the insurance companies benefit, and the hospital (who might have to eat some of the costs) benefit NOT to do the surgurys, and not to even acknowledge the problem.  Even MRI's are costly, and government won't help, because then Medicare and Medicaid has something else to pay for, too.  I hate to say it, but the almighty dollar comes before health in this country.  The best I can tell you (and I am starting to do this for myself too), is to speak up, speak loudly, and go in with facts in hand.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

This discussion is related to pineal cyst and headaches.
I think a large part of why they're trained to believe pineal cysts don't cause many problems is because they cannot scientifically justify otherwise. If they were to say "all pineal cysts cause problems," that would mean everyone with a pineal cyst would need brain surgery...and not just any brain surgery, but one of the most dangerous surgeries to perform. It makes sense to want to assume that the problems experienced by patients with pineal cysts are a result of "something else" or can be treated with medication, because it wouldn't require a very expensive and potentially long surgery, risking the patient's life and well-being (i.e. the surgeon could accidentally blind the patient with a small nick in the wrong area).

I just don't think they should be so quick to dismiss pineal cysts as innocent. They're actually willing to tell me that all of my symptoms--double-vision, migraines, dizziness, essential tremor, etc.--are MORE LIKELY to be caused by separate problems, or have no explanation whatsoever, than to be caused by ONE THING--the pineal cyst.

Haven't they ever heard of Occam's Razor?!?!