Neurology Community
pain, pressure on left side of head behind ear

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have been experiencing a different feeling on the left side of my head for about the past 3 weeks. It feels like sinus pressure. When I press behind my ear on my temporal bone it feels sore. It is not a piercing pain or anything, but it feels different. I was wondering if maybe it sounds like a sinus infection. I am scheduling an appointment with my Dr next week. I have just been passing it off as sinus pressure. The feeling is not there everyday.
Avatar dr m tn
The primary reason would be any injury/trauma to that place. Please recollect since couple of days if you had any injury. It may be mastoiditis or some infection in the ear also. The frontal sinus & maxillary sinus cannot be behind the back of the head it is a least possibility of a sinus . If the pain comes from cheeks and go behind the ear or ont he forehead and goes back then it may be a Sinus.
Please visit a Physician and take some pain killers for the pain.
Take care!
Avatar n tn
I'm a 29year old female and for the past week and a half I've had discomfort/ pain in my left side of my head. The pain starts a little above my tepmporal area and goes down behind my head.  My doctor is currently treating for a sinus infection. I have had a number of sinus infections in my past and NEVER experienced discomfort like this in my head.  What can it be, I really concerned, and I like my doctor thinks i'm just being crazy!