Neurology Community
pain and MRI???? HELP me understand PLEASE
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pain and MRI???? HELP me understand PLEASE

Does a bulging disk with no cord compressions cause  a great deal of pain in arm. I recently had carpel tunnel surgery and was suggessted i have rsd.. i just found out I have a bulge disk, however there is no cord compression..
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Well, assuming you have a bulging disk in your upper back or neck area, yes, your arm could indeed be bothering you from that!  A disk will bulge outward and there are a bunch of nerves that come out from the spinal cord and go to other parts of the body, and any of that can be pushed on and will cause a distal part of the body to hurt.  Plus, when a disk bulges, it'll sometimes cause inflammation and swelling, and that, too, can cause those same nerves to misfire and hurt other places in the body.  

Go online and do a general search for something like "anatomy illustration spine nerves" and you maybe can see some pictures of how the nerves come out from the spine and you'll understand how come a bulging disk in, say, the cervical spine will cause the arm to hurt.  Or you can do a search for "bulging disk nerve pain," and you can read articles about the situation.  I hope this helps you understand what is going on.
Blank
1268057_tn?1379102055
Definitely agree with ggreg.  Absolutely!  I am going through the same things right now with arm/neck/back pain.  I have C4-C5 herniated disk without cord compression.
Some physicians will state that should not cause problems but I beg to differ.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...