Neurology Community
pain and MRI???? HELP me understand PLEASE

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Does a bulging disk with no cord compressions cause  a great deal of pain in arm. I recently had carpel tunnel surgery and was suggessted i have rsd.. i just found out I have a bulge disk, however there is no cord compression..
Well, assuming you have a bulging disk in your upper back or neck area, yes, your arm could indeed be bothering you from that!  A disk will bulge outward and there are a bunch of nerves that come out from the spinal cord and go to other parts of the body, and any of that can be pushed on and will cause a distal part of the body to hurt.  Plus, when a disk bulges, it'll sometimes cause inflammation and swelling, and that, too, can cause those same nerves to misfire and hurt other places in the body.  

Go online and do a general search for something like "anatomy illustration spine nerves" and you maybe can see some pictures of how the nerves come out from the spine and you'll understand how come a bulging disk in, say, the cervical spine will cause the arm to hurt.  Or you can do a search for "bulging disk nerve pain," and you can read articles about the situation.  I hope this helps you understand what is going on.
Definitely agree with ggreg.  Absolutely!  I am going through the same things right now with arm/neck/back pain.  I have C4-C5 herniated disk without cord compression.
Some physicians will state that should not cause problems but I beg to differ.