Neurology Expert Forum
pain and numbness in wrist and hand
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pain and numbness in wrist and hand

What could this be?  I got a sudden sharp pain in the right side of my wrist which caused my hand to throb, tingle, go slightly numb and cold while the pinky/ring finger through the hand wanted to cramp inward.  It lasted about 1 minute and went away.  My hand felt a little cold for the next few hours, but no pain.  I have been experiencing strange muscle weakness, stiffness and heaviness in my legs (esp. right side) for about six months now.  My right foot wants to cramp when walking or driving, but until now, have had very minor upper body reactions (some clumsiness in both hands and my left hand pinky twitching for a couple days).  I have not been diagnosed and I have an appointment with a new neurologist Monday morning, any input will be greatly appreciated.