pain behind left ear and back of head
Alittle embarrassing but I was going to the bathroom on Saturday (# 2) and got a sharp pain in the left side of my head that lasted about 30-45 sec. I'm pretty sure if I wasn't sitting down I would have been forced to sit. It's now Thursday and I still have the pain sever at times, it's like a constant headache that's worse when I'm sitting or laying down. Weirdest thing ever, If up I'm up and moving playing with the kids or working in the yard I'm fine. Anyone know what this could be? Any suggestions on how to make it go away?
FYI I did go see my Primary and he mentioned some nerfes and it shoould go away but man I'm hating this constant pain.
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

Most of the times pain in the back portion of the head and ear originate from the neck problems due to irritation in the cervical (neck) spine because the nerves that supply the back of the head start in the upper cervical spine. Mostly, this kind of head pain aggravates after turning head and typically occurs in patients with previous neck injuries and in patients with marked arthritis of the upper cervical spine. In addition, this pain exacerbate with prolonged sitting in a stooped posture and when working on a computers for long hours.  On the other hand, there are patients who experience similar pain with sinusitis (sinus with infected mucus) and migraine. If you suffer continuous pain at back of head, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the possibilities here and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this information proves helpful to you.