pain in fingertips..
starting yesterday, earlier i was getting this weird pain in two of my fingers (my pink and ring finger) on my right hand, it felt like i had either bitten the nails too far down, or had a hangnail on both

well today my ring finger started to hurt also, it also felt the same pain, but at times it was semi intense, i mean maybe a 4 on the pain scale, nothing excrustating, but it is destracting.

right now in the last few hours my thumb has started to hurt also in the same way, it feels like it's under the nail itself. it's a burning throbbing pain. the o'nly finger that doesn't hurt on my righ hand is my index, which feels normal. It hurts when pressure gets put on it, and it also hurts slightly, like a tingle, when tough or skim anything against the fingerprint parts of my fingers(only the ones that are hurting mostly the last three middle ring and pinky).

It's only on one hand and it throbs off and on, i've had no recent injury, other then slicing my thumb open(minor cut) with a razer about a week and a half ago.

it only is affecting the very tips of my fingers above the last knuckle.
anyone have any idea?
Your symptoms suggest you might have carpal tunnel syndrome.
Patients with carpal tunnel syndrome complain of pain, numbness, and tingling over the wrist, palm, and the first three digits and the median half of the fourth digit.
What are your occupation and hobbies?
When did your symptoms begin?
Do you ever have symptoms at night that awaken you from sleep? Have you tried any treatments for your pain and have they helped?
Apart from imaging study you can also do electro-diagnostic study to confirm the diagnosis.
Keep me informed if you have any queries.
Bye.
I don't have an occupation, i'm on disability.

However my hobbies are always on the computer, i'm probably on it more then i'm off it. The symptoms began one night when I went out to dinner with a friend and his father.

They havn't waken me at all at night, in sleep pretty well. the pain has gotten better over the last day or so, however it's the reverse of what you say, it's actually my last three fingers and my thumb at one point but that only lasted a day or two.

the very tips of my fingers have a bruised feeling to them, and are painful to the touch, no real tingling, and no real pain or numbness in teh wrist, just the finger tips, the rest of the finger and hand are fine, except my arm does feel tired at times.

I havn't gone to the doctor yet to have it looked at, i was waiting to see if it cleared up,