Neurology Community
pain in temple months after head trauma
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pain in temple months after head trauma

Hello, I received a blow with a hammer to the side of my head 5 months ago, I attended the A & E department and was given an MRI scan and they said there was no serious damage. This last week I have been suffering from what I can only describe as a "scary" sensation / pain in my left temple and the pain radiates about an inch all around. I only have to slightly touch my temple and it really hurts. During my injury I also saw an opthamologist who told me I had a slight bleed to the back of my left retina but it will clear up, and my sight is now fine, no more black dots in my vision.
I am concerned as I also received a blow to my left ring finger during this attack as I was trying to block the hammer and the doctor who took care of me at A&E said the finger was fractured and put it in a splint, I researched my finger damage myself on the internet as I didn't think it was fractured, it turned out I was correct and that the ligament had detached from the D.I.P. joint, (i think it was called that) so I returned to the A&E and the same day they operated on my finger and re-attached the ligament, my finger is now fine, just a little stiff. I am concerned as the same doctor told me that my head was fine, and now 5 months later Im still in pain and I'm told that I'm often slurring my speech.
The sensation makes me feel as if I just want to get a scalpol and sort of slash the vein in my temple to release the pressure, I'm starting to get really frightened. Today the pain is at its climax so I shall be visiting A&E again in the morning.
Thanks for reading and any insight into post head trauma would be appreciated.
best wishes,
david..