pain in the area of the occipital bone
intermittent shooting pain in the occipital bone area for two plus years.  emg/mri/ct/xrays=negative. treatments that has not worked: chiropracty/pt/epidural/botox/nsaids/muscle relaxant.  no diagnosis has been given by any of the specialists..they say they can't help me.  What should I try now?
Get copies of ur MRI's and get them reviewed...sometimes things r missed or felt not to be an issue when in fact it may be.

Review all copies and reports

"selma"
hi linda...where exactly does your pain begin and radiate to?  i was recently told i have occipital neuropathy.  when the pain hits me, it hits really hard and it doesn't take much exertion to bring it on.  mine starts about mid neck, shoots straight up to the base of my skull and forks off to just behind and below both ears.  my nl says that is atypical due to the center of the pain fork....it usually is just pain that will radiate towards one or both ears.  there is constant pain in the neck area that never drops below a 7 on a 10 scale.  my nl currently has me on topiramate 50mg and vicodin as needed when it gets unbearable.  he has suggested trying botox or steroid injections (had them in the past, didn't like them and had little/no relief from them).  i have sent my films to the ns that did my decompression surgery for a second opinion and to see what he suggests.  
does this sound similar to what you are experiencing?  if so, let me know and i will touch base when i hear back from my ns.
elizabeth
ps....my mri shows issues at the c5-6 level, but nothing that should cause the amount of pain/symptoms i have.