Neurology Community
pain on my right, arm, thigh, and feet

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

pain on my right, arm, thigh, and feet

I've been having pain on my right side for a very long and I see it progressing every year.  Summer 2005, I experienced tingling sensation on the right side of my head and that got me really scared because my dad had just died of a brain tumor. I had a brain CT scan and the doctor said everything was okay. Occasionally I still felt the tingling after the doctor told me my results were normal.  2009 I was pregnant with my 2nd child, and I felt a sharp pain in my stomach and tingling on my right foot. I ended up in the ER and was told that I had gall bladder disease so I got it removed same year I had my baby. The sharp pain in my stomach stopped,  but the tingling on my right foot worsen. 2012 I now have pain in my upper right chest(right above my breast), pain on the back of my right thigh, numbness on my right cheek that comes and goes, swollen right fingers, and neck pain. I've done xrays, blood work, mri, nerve test and the results were normal except that I have a degenerated neck disc. I read about degenerated neck disc, but has nothing to do with some of the symptoms some I've been having. I am so scared not knowing what is wrong. I really need help.

This discussion is related to Pain in Right side of body.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

A disorder called fibromyalgia can produce these symptoms (tenderness). Sometimes repetitive injuries or strain can also produce these symptoms. Inflammation of the muscles, joints and surrounding soft tissues like bursa can also cause pain. But it could also be due to an entity called TIA or transient ischemic attack, which as the name indicates there is a temporary lack of blood flow to a particular part of the brain. This usually recovers, but these people are more prone for strokes. So, please have yourself evaluated for this.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.