pain on the back of my thigh
I been feeling a pain on the back of my left thigh for almost two months now. Specially when I wake up in the morning or when I sit down for a while. If I try to stand up I feel this pain that does not let me walk. I got a two surgeries about four years ago from a herniated disk and a cracked disk. I would like to know if this pain have anything to do with my past surgeries or if could be something less serious like a tore ligament or arthritis. Thanks for your help

atte,

lettyquinn
Hi there.

Considering your past surgeries, then this present pain can indeed be related to that.  Either it has something to do with injured soft tissues or nerves (which is an unavoidable risk of surgery), or a new problem with the spine (a new disc bulge causing compression of the nerves).  Arthritis is also a plausible cause since the symptoms occur upon waking up in the morning which is a manifestation of osteoarthritis.  I suggest that you still have this evaluated by your doctor knowing your previous history, just to be sure it is not something serious.

Regards and God bless.