parkinson's
My frind Judy has Parkinson's and although I am a Biologist I am unfamiliar with the disease progression.  She has no insurance and is at a free clinic.  I sent to pick her up the other day and she was very depressed because she now had bilateral numbness in the hands.  The DR. told her that it had nothing to do with her Parkinson's...I am not in agreement, perhaps just my lack information. She thought that perhaps he had a stroke but it is bilateral..Can you put me in a direction to learn more..Any ideas on how to get her more help?  Additional question is that I promised to hlep her with a meeting with Hospice...Do I have to push to get that meeting going?  
Having a bilateral stroke along with Parkinsons is an unlikely explanation of Judys symptoms of numbness.
Numbness may be due to poor food intake (related to her depression) with resultant vitamin deficiency.
Parkinsons disease results when a part of the brain (called substantia nigra) stops producing dopamine. Dopamine helps in chemical control (by neuro-tranmission) of brain cells that control muscle movement.
Thus Parkinsons disease results in a movement disorder. Symptoms include slow movements, tremor, mask-like face, tendency to fall, depression, etc.
These symptoms may be controlled by giving the patient dopamine-like drugs (levo-dopa).
Hospice care is for the terminally ill. Judy may be better helped by medical treatment.