Neurology Community
pass out/seizure

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

pass out/seizure

Week ago I was going to cheerleading and I was getting my hair done by one of my other cheer friends. I started getting a really bad headache. I had this very bad headache for less than 15 seconds. All the cheerleaders said I fell over and started having a seizure I had convulsive rhythm to my whole body. I woke up and new what was going on my seizure had stoped. I did not pee my pants but i was very sweaty. My arms and hands were clinched together, i had no control over them. They were  in a fist and were cliched very hard together. They took my blood sugar and it was at 80 and i had a gatorade that day. After 15 mins my hands started loosing and everything was normal. I was then taken to the hospital were they ran all kinds of tests. I had an MRI test done and everything turned out fine. Three days later I was sent to a bigger hospital were they could do a EEG test. The doctors said everything was looking good there. I am not going to be going to see a pediatric Neurologist... I would  just like to know what you think.. Also this summer i Had heat exhaustion. I have bad sinuses allways havign infections. In october i did a glucose test and everything turned out fine for that.. Ever since this little seizure thing i have terrible heataches like in different parts in the head one in the temple, back of neck, above eyes and ect. I am also 17 years old and I am in High School going to be going off to school next year. No one in my family has had any kind of seizure. My cousins do pass out if they get grossed out by anything but nothing like this. Family is thinking it could have something to do with nerves and anxiety beacuse i am so scared for school next year..

Thank you very much..
Cali
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there. You need to rule out heat exhaustion, any drugs or medicines taken, childhood migraine headaches, cluster headaches, tension headaches, check for hypoglycemia with gylcosylated hemoglobin for control over last 3 months. electrolytes levels also need to be checked as dys electrolytemia is also important cause of seizures. It is good that you are seeing a pediatric neurologist. A detailed examination of the nervous system would help arrive to a conclusion. Take care.