Neurology Community
passing out/blurred vision

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

passing out/blurred vision

hi.This is my 2cd time in 10 months that i have passed out.The first time landed me in the hospital for 3 days with every ekg,mri etc..they found nothing.I was told most of the time there are no reasons for this and that it would probably not happen again.10 months later,it did.It all starts with blurred vision and then a few seconds later i drop.I have been told it looks like i'm having seizures,but the docs say thats just me trying to get up.The last time it happened the paramedics said i have really low blood pressure,the time before that i had a very low heart rate.I can't understand why this is happening.I'm 29 years old and pretty healthy.This past time i was told i was dehydrated and was given an IV.Could slight dehydration cause all of this??Please help.I feel like there is more here than what the docs are telling me.Thanks
Hi, conditions like autonomic neuropathy do have similar type of presentations. “Autonomic neuropathy is a type of peripheral neuropathy that affects involuntary body functions, including heart rate, blood pressure, perspiration, digestion and other processes. Instead of a specific disease, autonomic neuropathy refers to damage to the autonomic nerves that result in a variety of signs and symptoms. This damage disrupts signals between the brain and portions of the autonomic system such as the heart, blood vessels and sweat glands, resulting in decreased or abnormal performance of one or more involuntary body functions”.  For more information visit http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/autonomic-neuropathy/DS00544

Other possibilities are vasovagal attacks, cardiac arrhythmias, carotid artery disease, etc.

My husband has been passing out with no warnings.  He has had lots of test done to check his heart, and then he had to see a brain doctor to have test done, and then he had sleep study.  Yes, he has sleep apnea.  He went to work tonight feeling just fine, then he texts me an hour into work telling me that his eyes was blurry, then I told him I could take him to the er and he said no that he is staying at work.  Then about 5 to 10 mins. later he was walking into the house.  He got into the bedroom and passed out on the floor.  I woke him up and all he could tell me that he just wanted to sleep.  So I got him up in the bed and he is sleeping now.  I check on him and he tells me he wants to sleep.  What can this be?  This first started in 2012.