persistent dull headache and blurred vision
I am a 43 old years woman who experienced for the first time persistent headache and blurred vision.

The MRI last week showed the following:

"1.1 cm (by .9 by .5 cm) focus of abnormal signal in the left subcortical white matter of the frontal lobe. There are no other regions of abnormal signal. The cerbellopontine angles and internal auditory canals are normal. The intracranial flow voids are normal at the skull base. There is no surrounding edema or mass effect.The ventricles and sulce are of normal caliber with no evidence of hydrocephalus"

While waiting to see the neurologist, can someone help me with an initial feedback

many thanks in advance - Elida
Hi Elida,
I am just like u, not a dr......but I have a question...was this MRI with and without contrast?......it appears u have something going on, but this is basica;;y an opinion of the radiologist....it all depends on ur dr and what he reads into this.....it looks like they were looking for a block of CSF...but it doesn't appear to be an issue...no hydrocephalus.....I just don't know what the abnormal signal is all about. Is this all it says on the report?...it could be a leison...multipul leisons r a sign to look for MS.....again I am not a dr....and u only have one area.....u could look all this up and just get worried, and then that is not what the dr will say....when do u see ur dr?

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"