pin ***** burning sensations
For the last 6 weeks I have been suffering from pin ***** bite and burning sensations all over my body, including head, face, ears, lips and even my nostrils. These sensations are non stop, but seem worse at night time. Other symptoms include feet and hands feeling hot and cold and belching more than normal. I would be lucky to sleep 1-2 hours per night and I am starting to feel very depressed.
I have had various blood tests, but all were negative.
I have been having the same problem for about 2 years, however,  I don't have a belching problem. The all over pin-***** problem is really getting to me.  Last night I took 2 25mg tabs of benadryl at 11pm.  The pin-pricks were so bad my legs were twitched off and on with the pin-pricks, so that and the pin pain kept me awake.  At about 2am I took 2 tabs of melatonin.  No luck, then another 2 25mg tabs of benadryl at about 4:30am.  I finally went into a fitful sleep about 5:30am, then I woke up at 7:30am.  I've seen my Dr. -- she recommended the benadryl, but doesn't want me to take the melatonin, however, I couldn't take the last 2 benadryl any earlier but I really couldn't stand it anymore and broke down and took the melatonin.  I'm going in for some blood tests next week.  If anyone out there has these symptoms and discovered the cause, it would be greatly appreciated because I think this is going to difficult to diagnose.