Neurology Community
pinched nerve c6 and c7 for

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

pinched nerve c6 and c7 for

hello i need help iv had an MRI and my doc says i have trapped nerve on c6 and c7.Iv had a lot of pain and i meen a lot in the neek back both sholder some in my arm's.I dont have to do a lot to to set it off.Iv hat to go back to work i like my new job a lot and its £10hr but im scared im in so much pain and only done 2 weeks what do i do i cant go on for much longer my doc say not a lot they can do for me and the gov say im fit for work.Iv had this for seven years im only 35 is there surgery my doc say's no.Strange think is i can ride my bike for 3 to 4 hr with not so much pain why is this? iv had a lot for jobs over the last seven years i was a fork lift driver for 6 years befor all this and yes iv tryed every think you can think of iv spent a lot of money on all sort's of stuff and non of it works cant take any more drug's im not over wight i dont drink and im fit apart from this..can any one help me please please help......sorry for the spalling hope you can read
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation or suggest a management plan. With nerve compression at the spinal level, typically a decompression surgery would be advised to relieve the pressure, except in situation where it is considered high risk. I would suggest considering a detailed evaluation by a neurologist or a neurosurgeon for suggestion of an appropriate management plan. In cases where a surgery is contraindicated, it may be advisable to see a pain management specialist for adequate pain control.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!