Neurology Community
pinched nerve

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

pinched nerve

How can I tell if I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder?
Hi, it depends upon the kind of symptoms you are having and at what site. MRI can detect nerve pinching too
MY symptoms are,pain in shoulder,numbness in my pinkie and ring finger.I get a burning sensation between my shouder blades.Tell me what you think.
Hi, probably it is cervical spondylosis or ulnar nerve entrapment. “As you age, the bones and cartilage that make up your backbone and neck gradually deteriorate, sometimes forming irregular bony outgrowths called bone spurs. These changes, which are characteristic of cervical spondylosis, occur in everyone's spine. Still, many people with signs of cervical spondylosis on X-rays manage to escape the associated symptoms, which include pain, stiffness and muscle spasms.

At the other extreme, cervical spondylosis may compress one or more of the spinal nerves branching out of the cervical vertebrae — a condition called cervical radiculopathy. Bone spurs and other irregularities caused by cervical spondylosis also may reduce the diameter of the canal that houses the spinal cord, resulting in cervical myelopathy. Cervical radiculopathy and cervical myelopathy can lead to permanent disability. Fortunately, most adults with cervical spondylosis — nearly 90 percent — will not lose nerve function, even temporarily”. Taken from http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cervical-spondylosis/DS00697

Try hot compressions on neck, pain killers for a week or so. Get MRI spine done too. In case MRI report is ok, next step is to look for thoracic outlet syndrome.
hi,
im a 2nd yr med student in China. age 21,F
ive had neck n shoulder pain for a long time but since i joined MBBS and the hectic life has actually worsened it progressing to arm pain and weakness.
ive been having severe neck, shoulder and arm pain n weakness. i did a CT scan and it showed disc bulging between C4~5. and some facet joint stenosis or something (it was in chinese so i cudnt figure out what stenosis it was , but most probably it said that). so i kinda diagnosed myself that it is cervical spondylosis. As i also have paraesthesia of right shoulder..and i CANT LOOK DOWN it hurts!
and the last exam 2 weeks ago was hell of a hectic period and i got a neck pain sooo bad i cudnt really concentrate on physiology. sooo i was damned depressed that i might flunk. around the same time i developed a generalized body twitching. very subtle but some quite obvious. i sometimes wake up from sleep with a twitch of whole body or legs or an arm. and thats frustrating.
ITS BEEN 2 WEEKS the twitching is still more or less the same. ive been waiting that it could be stress related due to exam but its high time this twitching should have gone i even passed in physio :S:S
my Q is..................is cervical spondy and body twitching in anyway related??
or should i be concerned ??
i need an urgent reply cox ryt now im on vacation and next sem will be double hectic sooo i need to be healthy before i face it. so i wanna use this time if i need to go to india i will for further investigations.
im darn worried abt this :((((((((((((
and with cervical spondylosis i stil have no choice but to study for loong hours so is there anyway i cud make myself comfortable? the anti inflammatory tabs doesnt work much.
as a med stud i need gud sleep wth what little time i have. so its v important to me that i figure this out soon  :(
what i cudnt relate cervical spondy and twitching is cox its not limited to upper limbs... any suggestion as to what i shud do ?