Neurology Community
pins and Needles every day and night

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

pins and Needles every day and night

Hi,   I have been experiencing pins and needles in my hands and feet on a pretty much daily basis,  i dont have to putting pressure on them it can just happen and i can often get it when i wake up,  it can last a long or a short time, be isolated to one toe or part of hand and foot ,  it can be quite painfull sometimes and sometimes i get a deade finger or foot where it goes really really cold and numbish.  i was seeing an osteopath because i did alot of big sculpting and have very tight upper back muscles whch were transfering to carpol tunnel syndromes, she reckoned the pins and needles would subside which i cant tell whether they did or whether im thinking about it too much...  a friend of mine same age as me 25,  just got diagnosed with ms and so of course that is in my subconscious and worry about it so dont know  if im creating these feelings through subconscious, but they are definatly there and not realted to times of stress...  can anyone help?  how common is it for people to have pins and needles and is it normal??

Generalized pins and needles sensations can occur due to anxiety, stress, peripheral neuropathies due to diabetes, B 12 deficiency, thyroid dysfunction, and nerve compression due to disc herniation or prolapse in the spine.

I would suggest you to take some B complex supplements and see if they help. Also do some deep breathing exercises to cut down your daily stress.
If the symptoms do not improve please consult your GP and get a clinical evaluation done.