Neurology Community
pins and needles in feet and hands

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

pins and needles in feet and hands

I have had pins and needles in my feet for over a year!! When I get out of bed in the morning it is hard to walk because of the pain! It goes away, but comes back after sitting for awhile! My legs feel heavy and my hands hurt also!! Does any one else have these symptoms and who do I seek for diagnosis??
I would see a neurologist since the symptoms are neurological.
Same thing here.  6 months of tingling/burning in toes then feet then hands.  Mine seems to be worse after sitting a while too.  I've been through MRI, lumbar puncture, bloodwork, etc.  All pretty much negative except for one bright spot on brain, which apparently doesn't have to mean anything (I had migraines that could have caused it).  Anyway, a good neurologist is where you should probably start.  He'll probably rule out things like B12 & mineral deficiencies with bloodwork first.  Take care and good luck:) You're not alone.
Went to neurologist last year.  They did the bloodwork, nerve conduction, etc.  They did not find anything.  It went away for about 6 months, now it is back.  Do you sometimes have a stiff neck or an abrasive feeling in your neck when you turn your head?
yes you're not alone.

do you guys also have sweaty palms and feet ?
I have the pins and needles in my hands and feet, muscle weakness , etc., and I have gone to a neurologist. He scheduled a brain MRI for me, and they found 3 lesions (bright spots) and I am now going for a spinal tap this Friday (Ap. 11 - and I'm deathly afraid!) to get the proper diagnosis. The neurologist is thinking MS, as I have many of the symptoms described in that disease, pins & needles being just one of them. I vote going to a neurologist. Try to get a good one; not one who is non-committal to your case and issues. I now get disability because of the pain, weakness, severe fatigue, etc. Good luck.
i have a swelling on the inside of my right foot,and pins and needles in my foot could the swelling be cause of  this,i have not banged my foot
i am 37yrs old and i smoke, recently  have been experiencing pins and needles in the balls of my feet and also in my fingers on and off can anybody help me as i have never experienced anything like this before.
thanks
patty
Have you seen a chiropractor?  I know that many doctors poo-poo the chiros, but what you are describing can be sciatica, a nerve compression of the lower spine that creates numbness or a pins and needles feeling in the toes and feet, sometimes accompanied by shooting pain down either leg but not always.  My big toes were numb for a year, starting spreading to my 2nd toe, and have had pins and needles as well... it isn't necessarily neurological in nature, explore all your possibilities.
We are so worried. Our 8 year old aspergers sufferer grandson is constantly complaining of pins and needles in his feet. He only complains if something is really wrong with him so we know it's not just a niggle. The doctor examined him, but not to any great extent, as is the way at our health centre but came up with nothing. No tests were done or suggested. So we still don't know what it is. It's getting increasingly worse, more than 3 times a day. He gets very upset.
Can anyone give us information on what it could be. He is very active, swimming, running etc
iv got burning  feeling in my feet  both off them  also pins and needles  very sore to walk on   what is this cause   i am 70 yrs of age
I found this post after researching to see why I have pins and needles in my feet. I have migraines and im tired and weak all of the time. I had a MRI a couple years ago over the migraines but, nothing. I would love to know why I have these. I wonder if its diabetic related. My mom saw my blood tests a couple Weeks ago and she said," your borderline diabetic". Please keep posting any helpful info.