Neurology Community
please explain reasons for every nerve in both arms and hands being dam...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

please explain reasons for every nerve in both arms and hands being damaged, and what it means

I had an EMG and nerve conduction testing done on both my arms and hands for severe pain, tingling, numbing from my shoulders down into my hands, and fingers. The Neurologist told me he doesn't know why but for some reason every single nerve in both my arms and hands are damaged, I really don't understand what that means. I really do not have any other symptoms such as back pain or neck pain, except for in the very lower part of my back, it is highly recommended that I have an MRI done on my neck and spin, what types of results are  found when symptoms and nerve damge like this accure. I am only 38 years old,I do not have diabetes, could this be some type of neurological disease.
When I had nerve conduction tests done, they showed that I had ulnar nerve entrapment in both arms and carpal tunnel in both wrists as well.

Some folks get away with just a single problem others it seems have multiple nerve involvement.

I guess in your case they must think it is coming from the neck, through which ultimately all the nerves must pas, so hopefully an MRI will show where the problem is coming from.

The fact that the pain is coming from lower down does not mean that the damage is lower down as it is what they call a "refered" pain. Because the nerve is being compressed at a higher point, the signals are not getting through properly and the brain is interpreting that as a problem lower down.