please help
I am 50 years old my weight 120 ,my height is 6ft. from last 2 months i am suffering from severe back pain . the pain first started in my lower back with a single nerve paining till my knee . I have consulted local doctors of bones and nerve nothing unnatural  came in reports I am also diabetic (Type 2)  . they prescribed some physical exercises but it is of no use the pain in increasing g day by day kindly help.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Considering the different locations of pain described, the pain could be due to compression of a nerve, the sciatic nerve. The resulting symptoms are often referred as sciatica. The pain can vary in severity and can be accompanied by numbness. Continue with physical therapy. Avoid those movements or exercises that aggravate your pain. Try not to lift weights or bend as this can worsen your symptoms. Try applying local analgesic creams. Place ice over the painful area every 1-2hrs for pain relief. Sleep on a firm surface with a pillow under the knees and take OTC pain medications like Tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen. Ensure to take them after food.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.