Neurology Community
please help me understand my cervical spine MRI report
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

please help me understand my cervical spine MRI report

I was in a bad car accident and have my MRI report but really I dont understand what is wrong with me could someone help me?

Technique: SAGITTAL T1 AND T2 AND AXIAL GRADIENT ECHO SEQUENCES WERE OBTAINED THROUGH THE CERVICAL SPINE.

FINDINGS: Cervical dextroscoliosis is noted. Vertebrae have normal height and marrow signal with reversal of the upper cervical lordosis.

C2-3 level:  Loss of disc hydration.   Disc bulge indents anterior thecal sac.

C3-4 level:  Loss of disc hydration.   Disc bulge indents anterior thecal sac.  Neural foramina are narrowed on the left.

C4-5 lever:  Mild concentric disc bulge, posterior osteophyte, probable foraminal stenosis on the left.

C5-6 level:  Loss of disc hydration. Neural foramina are narrowed on the left.

C6-7 level:  Disc bulge and spondylosis indents anterior thecal sac. Neural foramina are narrowed bilaterally.

C7-T1 level: Loss of disc hydration.

The cord signal, posterior fossa structures and paraspinal tissues appear normal.

IMPRESSION:
1. CERVICAL DEXTROSCOLIOSIS.
2. REVERSAL OF THE UPPER CERVICAL LORDOSIS.
3. C2-3 LEVEL: LOSS OF DISC HYDRATION. DISC BULGE INDENTS ANTERIOR THECAL SAC.
4. C3-4 LEVEL: LOSS OF DISC HYDRATION. DISC BULGE INDENTS ANTERIOR  THECAL SAC. NEURAL  FORAMINA ARE NARROWED ON THE LEFT.
5. PROBABLE FORAMINAL STENOSIS AT C4-5 ON THE LEFT.
6. C5-6 LEVEL: LOSS OF DISC HYDRATION. NEURAL FORAMINA ARE NARROWED ON THE LEFT.
7. C6-7 LEVEL: DISC BULGE AND SPONDYLOSIS INDENTS ANTERIOR THECAL SAC. NEURAL FORAMINA ARE NARROWED BILATERALLY.
8. C7-T1 LEVEL: LOSS OF DISC HYDRATION.

*Changes in curvature of the cervical spine may be associated with underlying muscular spasm.

please help me know what is wrong with me!!!
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Can you post a little bit about the type of pain and symptoms that your having?
Blank
yes, I am having bad head ache, aching back and shoulder pain tingling and smetimes numbness in my arms and hands, My hands will fall asleep alot at night.
Blank
oh and bad stiff necks alot lately
Blank
1093617_tn?1279305602
Thank you for your question. I think your symptoms may be due to nerve irritation in the cervical (neck) spine because of cervical disc bulge. This pain may be referred and perceived as occurring in the back of head & shoulders (as electric sensation)- LHERMITTES SIGN, arms or chest, rather than just the neck. Other symptoms may include vertigo, nausea (dizziness) and stiffness. It will be best that you consult a neurologist who would like to prescribe Pain killers, steroid and muscle relaxants. Other treatments could be cervical orthosis such as a soft cervical collar or stiffer neck brace to restrict neck movement till you get complete recovery. In addition, cervical traction may also be suggested by the doctor, if condition is severe. Hope this helps.
Blank
Thank you for that information. It helps me a lot. Should I be real concerned? Is this going to be with me forever? Am I hurt pretty good?
Blank
1093617_tn?1279305602
Thank you for your question. It is quite difficult to say anything precisely without being able to examine you in person, although if you follow your neurologist advice you may recover completely. Additionally, further referral to a physiotherapist will be really helpful in providing relief in your symptoms. Hope this helps.
Blank
You have alot going on with your neck. You may get some relief from conservative measures-antiinflammatories,muscle relaxants, heat and PT. The bulges may recede. Sponylosis is degenerative and will not go away-usually worsens with age. You are going to have to be very careful NOT to herniate your discs.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...