Neurology Community
pneumonia causing lack of oxygen

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

pneumonia causing lack of oxygen

My husband (74) suddenly displayed extremely odd behavior resulting in the police brining him to the hospital. They determined that he had pneumonia in his left lung which cause a lack of o2 in the brain. In the ER is O2 level was in the low 80's. It's been three weeks now of hospitalization and he is now in the psych ward. Tonight, the nurse said is O2 has gone down again.
In addition to the pneumonia, he was spraying furniture with lacquer thinner, benzine etc with no mask and in an enclosed area. Please someone give me some hope that my husband of almost 50 years will return to the warm, caring, thoughtful person that I married.

This discussion is related to Re: Brain injury due to lack of oxygen.
Tags: hypoxia