possible never damage from epidural blood patch?
I had a spinal tap two weeks ago followed immediately by an epidural blood patch the following day due to the low pressure headache (over the past 7 years I've had 4 spinal taps and I had the low pressure headache/CSF leak with 2 of them, i never want another one!).  The epidural blood patch was incredibly painful but worked at relieving my headache.  The pain was unbearable for days and all I could do was lie down.  Now, two weeks later I'm having muscle spasms in my back off and on and shooting pains that go down my leg and into my knees.  I was wondering if it is possible that I could have some nerve damage?  Also the area near by Coccyx is really painful.  
Hi...may I ask, why u were getting the LP for in the first place?

Have u ever had MRI's of ur complete spine?

I do hope u find ur answers and  relief of ur pain.

"selma"
I was getting the spinal tap because I have a condition called Pseduotumor Cerebri.  I have been getting an increase of symptoms (visual obscurations, headaches, dizziness) out of the blue so my doctor wanted to do a spinal tap on me to see my opening pressure and to test my spinal fluid (my first spinal tap showed I had viral meningitis of all things, each subsequent tap was ok though).  I've had MRI's of my brain but never of my spine...would that show nerve damage?
I had spinal taps done to dianose severe migraine. The first dr tried 4 times and could not get fluid. I was then sent down to have it done under xray where the tech said the other guy "butchered" my back. Ever since proceedure i have had severe pain in the "exact" spot where injected. i have also had radiating pain into right leg.

Any ideas or similar experience. please help, its killing me!!!!
I just had a lumbar puncture done just over a week ago while admitted at a hospital and the second the needle went in (not the freezing needle) I had pain go down to my lower back on my left side and I yelped in pain. The doctor took the needle out and gave me more freezing, then tried again. I still had discomfort in my lower back, it got progressively worse to the point where my back was spasming and I was screaming in pain. The nurse came in gave me tylenol and said there were more important patients and she wasn't coming back. I was in such excruiciating pain from the site of the puncture down to my lower back that the only that prevented me from screaming all night was biting my hand. I waited for 8hrs for any help and they finally gave me a bunch of pain killers and an ice pack. When I tried to walk around after the pain had subsided slightly, I was having muscle weakness in my left leg, which got worse to the point of not being able to feel my leg or walk. I couldn't walk for a day, and then I slowly regained use of my leg again but I still had pain in my lower left side of my back. After leaving the hospital I still have pain in my back and there is a weird lump on my lower left back (nowhere near the punture site) right where it hurts and I still get weakness in my left leg. The doctor told me before the puncture he never heard of anyone getting back pain. After the lumbar puncture and me saying my back hurt he got angry and said "well,it's only maybe 1 in a dozen people who get back pain from a lumber" he had already left by the time I found out I couldn't walk. Still no answers here, doctors refuse to say that it's from the lumbar.

-MR
Hello there,

I am also a victim of LP i had 7 months back, I still have severe neck pain,occipital head ache, lower back pain, i have lump(swelling at the site of LP), i never got a blood patch done though, i am bed-ridden and barely can sit even for few minutes, i have undergone three MRI since then and doctors say there is nothing in the mri suggestive of any damage, pls pls  help?