Neurology Community
post concussion syndrome
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

post concussion syndrome

I was wondering if what I have is post concussion syndrome. On march 25 I had a dirtbike race and I crashed 4 times. Hit my head every time but didn't lose conciosness. I felt fine for the next 12 days then in class on april 7th I became very lightheaded and felt like I was gunna pass out. Then I began to have trouble sleeping having very weird thoughts as I layed down and had very weird dreams. And now I feel as if I'm in a dream or spaced out. My anxiety is preety bad now also. I feel so out of it and dream like. I went to the e.r they said it was an inner ear infection. They gave me medicine and it helped. Then I went to a neurologist and he said it was post concussion syndrome. Then I went to another neurologist and he said it was my ears. So I went to physical therapy and he said it wasn't my ears. I'm so confused now. Can someone please help??:( any suggestions on what it is? Or is it pcs? I've had mris cts eegs and tons of bloodwork everything was normal.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1699061 tn?1306900918
find a new Doctor and bring all your records to him and get a second opinion
Blank
Why do you say thatt?
Blank
8. http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Neurology/post-concussion-syndrome/show/1530529
Hi there. post concussion syndrome is a complex disorder with a combination of symptoms like headaches and dizziness lasting for a few weeks and at times months after the injury that caused by concussion. Concussion is a mild traumatic brain injury usually occurring after a blow to the head. Loss of consciousness isn’t required for a diagnosis of concussion or post concussion syndrome. Post concussion syndrome occurs within first 7 to 10 days and until 3 months. Symptoms are variable including dizziness, fatigue, irritability, anxiety, insomnia, loss of concentration and memory, light and noise sensitivity, headache varying from a tension type to cluster headaches. You need to consult a neurologist immediately. no single test can prove the syndrome and the doctor may ask for a MRI scan to detect brain abnormalities, ear pathologies need to be ruled out since a lot of dizziness is there and psychiatrist to rule out anxiety and depression. Hope this helps. Take care.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...