post surgical nerve pain
I wont be very technical, hopefully you'll understand: My wife has a history of face pain, mostly in the cheek and upper gum area on the left side of her face. it was diagnosed as atypical trigeminal neurelga. She tried many different medications. Wind and cold were the worst and stimulating the pain. We opted for surgery after medications didn't help. She had a rizodomy of that nerve, and in fact   she is no longer experiencing symptoms in that area of her face; instead, she now has continous pain from her jaw to her ear. The surgeon went in a second time to work on that area with the same type of procedure, it did not help. this situation has gone from bad to worse and we do not know what to do next. We meet with the surgeaon again this week, but we have lost faith in him. We don't know what happened in the first surgery to have made this so much worse.
Hello.

I am not sure if you have ruled out the TMJ syndrome. The symptoms can mimic Trigeminal neuralgia. It is remarkable, though, that the surgery did relieve the pain in the upper gum area.

Have you consulted a dentist?

Regards