post viral sydrome
Dear All,
  After reading all your posts I have been amazed that I am not the only one out there. Last January 09, I came down with 'viral syndrome' which the doctor just told me that I was in need of rest - and was to be out of work for 3 days at the least, if I didnt follow her directions my symptoms could further and could get pneumonia. Nothing in further was told, though my chest was extremely bad - for which I was given cough meds with codeine to easy the pain from coughing. About a month ago I started coming down with dizziness, chest palpitations, heaviness in the chest (like an elephant is sitting on it - yawning would be the only way to get a good breathe or air), and my heart rate was racing. I went to my doctor - they were concerned that it was my thyroid and anemia; which I was tested for both - and either were a problem. They then thought I was anxiety issues - due to the breathing issues, and chest palpitations; which they tried putting my on some anxiety med - which later that night had an allergic reaction to with burn sensation throughout my skin. After visiting the ER that night with the issue - then felt that it must be my nerves and gave me a xanax to calm me out.  Over the next few days I noticed that I had a small 'bug' bite on my lower calf that was pink with a lighter pink ring around it. The doctor thought that I was just in need of different anxiety meds - but when I showed her the bite she said that she would test me for BABESIOSIS and EHRLICHIOSIS. Tests came back positive for EHRLICHIOSIS (a past infectious form). I was given a 2 week treatment of doxycycline - and told to follow up with an Infectious Disease Specialist- which is at the point I am now. I have seen the specialist - and am being tested for Lymes Disease now, because of my symptoms. While stilling waiting for results, and of course of my free time I have done research. I came across some interesting information that having had viral syndrome can make you more predetermined to catching/having lymes disease.  I have listed the two website I have found to be very helpful if anyone is doubting what they may have. Many people have Lyme disease and never know and can be misdiagnosed.

http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=313

http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/lyme/test.html

This discussion is related to post viral syndrome.