Neurology Community
pressure in head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

pressure in head

Hi everyone,  

For the past 10 days I have been experiencing  a pressure in my head.  It started with a stiff neck and then waves of pressure come and last for about 30 minutes.  It is not constant, but it is annoying.  I also feel a combination of lightheaded and dizzy.  The pressure feels like a balloon blowing up in my head-not painful just pressure.  I went to the doctor who put me on antibiotics in case it was sinus.  I have not had any difference with the antibiotic.  My blood pressure is a little high 134/85 but doctor said that was because I was in pain.  Has anyone had anything like this?

I was in hospital last year after losing the feeling in my legs and arms and feeling weak. I had to have an MRI which showed a part of the brain on the left side had a white shadow on it. They decided to do a lumbar puncture to rule out M.S I have to have another one in 12 months time to keep ruling it out, the Lumbar puncture should have been straight forward but I ended up having a severe reaction to it and ended up in hospital for over two weeks, it is  the most pain I have ever experienced. I have had four children all natural deliveries and it had nothing on this, anyway after more tests they decided that the shadow was due to the blood supply to that particular area of my brain dying. That was it nothing else I was put on Topamax for 6 months, I have only really had some weakness in the arms and legs on and off since coming out of hospital but on the odd occasion i will wake up at night as if i am having some kind of seizure it's like i'm struggling to get the breath into me, I know what's going on but it just kind of stops eventually and I go back to sleep. Also a new symptom is this feeling of pressure in the top of my head like my brain is trying to get out sounds weird but it's true when i lie down the feeling gets worse it's quite frightening I should tell the doctor but i'm afraid to have another Lumbar Puncture any advice... sorry for the amount of typing.
Did you ever get a diagnoses?
Hello
My husband develope  pressure/pain on top of his head going now for a month non stop.He discribes the sensation to me by telling  me to try imagine slamming your head as hard that you can on the corner of the kitchen cabinet. That would explain why,when coming home from work each day after working 14 hours  each day for 6days straight he goes straight to bed holding his hand on top of his head. He tells me it non stop and he feels like crying.He tells me he doesnt know how long he can take this because its extremely hard to function at
work. He had ct scan normal lab normal but an Er dr said that he had a severe sinus infection because of the film shows blk under left eye bu
t my husband told him it Was his plastic plate holding his left eye.so the dr changed diagnosis to migrain headache and prescribed imatrix and bactrim .But no changes. Pls help wife.