pressure pain in back of head
in the last 3 days... the top of  my head feels very hot, then there is this pressure feeling in the back of my head near my neck...I do spend a small amount of time in my computer.

This discussion is related to Constant Pain/Pressure in back of head.
Hi, Thank you for your question. Generally pain in the back portion of the head originates from the neck problems due to irritation in the cervical (neck) spine because the nerves that supply the back of the head start in the upper cervical spine. Mostly, this kind of head pain aggravates after turning head and typically occurs in patients with previous neck injuries and in patients with marked arthritis of the upper cervical spine. In addition, this pain exacerbate with prolonged sitting in a stooped posture and when working on a computers for long hours.  On the other hand, there are patients who experience similar pain with sinusitis (sinus with infected mucus) and migraine. If you suffer continuous pain at back of head, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the possibilities here and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take Care & Regards!!!