pricking feeling on fingertips
I have been having this tingling and pricking sensation on my fingertips for quite sometime now and I don't know wht caused it. there is no numbness. I feel the sensation most strongly when my fingertips are rubbed with something whether stroking them on clothes gently or running them on my own skin. They feel kind of rough. I feel the sensation also more strongly when I wash my hands. I went to see m y doctor and mentioned that it's kind of weird because she could not find anything that could cause them. I had my blood tests and they came back normal. I have your answer to similar questions but they mentioned also about numbness and I don't experience numbness. So if you have additional information, please share or advice.

Thanks.
LiveHealthyLife

This discussion is related to Tingling in fingers and toes.
I realize your post was almost a year ago.  I'm hoping the tingling sensation (and the description you mentioned above) has been resolved.  When I read your description, I immediately started reading it outloud to my husband because it is EXACTLY what I've been experiencing for about 2 weeks now.
I went to a primary care doc yesterday and have blood tests set up for Monday and she wants me to have an MRI as well.  I think I should schedule a thorough exam with a Neurologist or some other specialist before the MRI and make sure they agree.  In the meantime, trying to find out more on the internet.
If you have any insight on what was happening/or happened to you, I'd love to hear back from you.

Thanks in advance for more information,
Prickly Finger Confusion