Neurology Community
pseudo tumor

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

pseudo tumor

My Daughter was diagnosed with a pseudo tumor and had a lumber pucture 6 days ago.  She has been in pain all this week and has really bad headaches (especially when she gets up)  I this normal to be recovering this long form this procedure and what can we do to help her recover?
Tags: peudo tumor
Pseudo tumor Cerebra is a condition involving increased intracranial pressure which can produce symptoms similar to a brain tumor. Characterized clinically by HEADACHES; NAUSEA; PAPILLEDEMA, peripheral constriction of the visual fields, transient visual obscurations, and pulsatile TINNITUS. Once the diagnosis is made and the disorder is treated, pseudotumor cerebri generally has no serious consequences.
The treatment options are
1. Spinal taps
2. Shunting
3. Steroids
4. Cerebrospinal fluid reduction medications
5. Hyper osmotic drugs
As this condition has a good prognosis and hence continue to follow your physician’s advice.
Hello my daughter is 8 and had her lumbar puncture 8 days ago and we had the same thing.  Sometimes when they do the puncture it will cause a little leak around the site inside of the spinal column.  This makes it hard for the pressure to equalize which cause the severe headache.  We have been in hospital 3 days because they were trying to give her fluids and pain meds.  The anesthesiologist told us normally they would do a blood patch but because of the pressure she has in her spine if they miss and go back into the first hole it can cause all the SF to leak out and make brain stem herniate.  So it has now been 9 days and thank God she is better and headache free.  Not sure if this helps but glad to know I am not alone.  By the way her pressures were 32.  What were your daughters?  Also any info you have attained would be greatly appreciated.Mine never had any symptoms just fluid around optic nerve.
i have had a pseudo tumor for the past 8 years. i was diagnosed when i was 11 and am now 19.I had pain and headaches for a week and a half almost 2 weeks constantly.it should go away before the third week.hope the info helps!
Sounds like she may need a blood patch. I had three LP within 3 months for same thing. The last one, I had a spinal headache, it feels like the pain is shooting out of the top of your head everytime I stood up or sat up. I would call her doctor to see about scheduling one or go to the ER.