Neurology Community
pulse on head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

pulse on head

I've been feeling a pulse/beat/rhythm on the right side of my head.  Just like a your pulse of your heart.  There is no pain but it bothers me because it's abnormal.  Does anyone have any idea what might be the reason.  Or has anyone felt or heard of such symptoms?
Hi Paigetrades - did you get answer to this? I had similiar symptoms but it was after an illness. I had a brain CT and MRI - all negative. Neurologist said it was done to stress/anxiety after the illness.
i read somewhere on this site yesterday, after i posted this that; it MIGHT be from dehydration.  So drink more water and LESS caffeine.  But I'm not sure if its going to help.  Try it and let me know, because I tried it today and I havent had the symptoms today, but it can be from coincidence.
I have also felt a "pulse" type head pain, it usually is on the back of the head, but has occured at times at the side around my ear.  It feels like someone is pressing a button / buzzer.  The pulse will last for approx 1 sec and then go away for some 30 seconds before returning. This can continue for days.  Some times up to three days at a time.  It feels like an electric burning sensation and sometimes I feel like I have to close my eyes will the pulse is on.  It does not go away at night when I try to sleep, it keeps me awake.  I have been to the doctor, but ussually after it has gone away.  I have had some nerological tests, with probes attached to my head and and flashing lights but quote frankly I don't think they knew what they were looking for.  Is this the same thing that you are experiencing ?
I'l havin the same problem here,sometimes it seems as something is moving in my head. This coupled with the pulsating arteries make me uncomfortable...any suggestion?
For 5 days I have been having strange pulses in my head (around left ear) that sound like a nail gun at a construction site, and come in bursts of 3. They are messing with my balance, and I am afraid to drive.
This is suppose to happen, some notice it more then normal.  The cranial is wrapped in a membrane that covers the skull, spine, and all nerves.  The pulse is called a rhythm, and it is not your heart beat but some times confused for heart beat.  This becomes stronger during headache.  Research Bio Cranial Therapy, it explains things, chiropractics that specialize in BCT uses this pulse to help reset body through message.  I hope this helps.